Monday, July 26, 2010.
This has been a very busy week. There is even an entire incident I'll have to save for another entry!
After a six-day stay in a hotel, we drove up to Moab, Utah for a quick visit to Arches National Park. We stayed the night in a hotel and drove into the park the next morning. It was my first time being there, and I alternated between admiring the awesome beauty and trying to figure out how the formations were created.
That afternoon we continued our trip up to the Salt Lake area where we had a reunion for Jeremy's mother's side of the family. I got to see most of my brothers- and sisters-in- law and nieces and nephews, some of whom had never seen Liam before. We all had a really good time.
It ended too soon, and we drove the eleven-hour trip back home yesterday. We slept on the floor last night (except for lucky me who had a nice camp pad).
Today the movers came with all our stuff, bright and early at 8 am. Jeremy had left at 7 am for his first day on the job, so that left me here with the boys, directing the movers. Not a difficult job, but I must have been on my feet a lot – they and my legs are sore.
Now the house feels more like ours, with all our stuff in it. I can see on Liam's face when he recognizes something he hasn't seen for a couple weeks, and it makes him glad.
We found this house about a week ago. It has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a dining room (which we won't be dining in) and a family room. Oh, and a garage! Grass here is extremely expensive – from a water-supply point-of-view – so our medium-sized yard has none. Just rocks, bushes, trees, and dirt. The house is old, and rented homes tend to be on the neglected side, so we'll have a lot of work to do (if we choose) to make it look nice. This afternoon I was scrubbing dirty kitchen cabinets!
Come on over and pitch in a hand! We'll even give you juice and pizza.
It was SO great to see you all this last weekend. Thanks for being willing to make the "too soon trip." Dale and I will have to squeeze in a trip to Grand Canyon with you guys as soon as we figure out our new situation with Dale work and my school :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. Everyone Else: their house looks awesome. It has lavendar in the front yard and is VERY southwest-y. I'm excited to come and see it sometime!
I'd love to come help, but I think my boys would just ruin everything anyway. One time when I was cleaning out a rented kitchen (it was furnished) we found what must have been months old bread in the toaster. eeewwwww. Hope it turns out nice in the end!
ReplyDelete