So, here I am in a hotel in Albuquerque. The kids are asleep, so Jeremy and I are confined to the half of the suite containing our bed and the bathroom. It's a nice hotel that Jeremy's work is putting us up in -- and a nice room -- with the usual pool and exercise facilities. It has a great breakfast every morning, and since it's an extended-stay hotel, dinners for three nights of the week. I can cook simple things in our little kitchen the rest of the time. The boys think it's a blast. So it's definitely not my lodgings that have me in a melancholy mood.
More likely it was going to church today to see not one familiar face, and missing my old ward terribly. Thinking about a project I wanted to try, and that so-and-so or so-and-so could help me with it... wait, they're all the way over there and I'm all the way over here. Driving around looking at all the apartments and houses and feeling so much stress about needing to find the "right one" -- quick, before we leave for a too-soon family reunion.
I'll probably realize eventually that this is just a short transition period, that it's supposed to be hard, and that I should look for my new opportunities here. But maybe I'm just not ready yet.
Did you get my letter? Read that when you need a boost! We totally miss you, but I have lots of confidence that you all will smoothly transfer into another great ward with great opportunities!
ReplyDeleteMoving is hard. I believe in you.
ReplyDeleteSometimes though right when I move into a new ward I think people look familiar, even though I know we couldn't have met. But I'll sit there and think, 'how could I know this person?' forever just to realize I don't. Do you ever do that? I've found it's a great ice-breaker though. eX: "you know, for about 10 minutes I've been trying to figure out where I know you from. Buuutt, I just don't. What's your name?" you know, something like that.
Anyway... =)