One weekend in April, participating local farms held tours. We went to one with free-range sheep, goats, pigs, cows, and chickens. We had been hoping for a petting-zoo type experience, but alas, we had to view the animals from the other side of the electric fences. They did let us gather eggs from the hen house, though. John enjoyed that a lot. As we were explaining where eggs come from, he asked if these eggs had baby chickens inside. What was I supposed to say? "Yes, and we're going to eat them." So I told him these eggs don't have babies inside. Hey, maybe I was telling the truth -- I don't know how that process works. Anyhow, it was a fun time on the farm!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Fun on the Farm
One weekend in April, participating local farms held tours. We went to one with free-range sheep, goats, pigs, cows, and chickens. We had been hoping for a petting-zoo type experience, but alas, we had to view the animals from the other side of the electric fences. They did let us gather eggs from the hen house, though. John enjoyed that a lot. As we were explaining where eggs come from, he asked if these eggs had baby chickens inside. What was I supposed to say? "Yes, and we're going to eat them." So I told him these eggs don't have babies inside. Hey, maybe I was telling the truth -- I don't know how that process works. Anyhow, it was a fun time on the farm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment