Sunday, May 4, 2008

A birthday card for Dad

Yesterday John found two birthday cards I had received, and assumed that one was for me and one for Daddy (our birthdays are two weeks apart). When I told him that they were both mine, and Daddy hadn't gotten any (at least not this past week), John decided to make a card for him. He scribbled some marks on a piece of paper, then began telling Jeremy what it said. It was so priceless I had to transcribe, though I know I missed some.

"I know that your birthday is coming up, and I know that you are respected, and I know that you don't give me any more time-outs." I'll tell everyone that that's your birthday card, Dad. When somebody ever steals that birthday card from you, I'll say, "Don't ever steal that birthday card from Daddy!" Okay?

That's one lucky Daddy.

1 comment:

  1. "And I know that you are respected"? Wow! Such vocabulary from one so young. That is a really cute story.

    ReplyDelete