Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April Fool's

After eating worm sandwiches for dinner (which didn't really fool anyone), I hyped up dessert and went into the kitchen to prepare it.


I came out carrying plates like this (minus the "fish sticks"), saying we were having mashed potatoes and vegetables for dessert.
It looked completely convincing so John walked off with a look of disgust and indignation. It was priceless!

The "mashed potatoes" are really ice cream with butterscotch topping, and the "vegetables" are candy. I used orange and green Starburst to make "cooked carrots" and "lima beans" that were fairly convincing. (Chop the orange ones into dices; soften the green ones in the microwave before making lima bean shapes.) The combination of potatoes and veggies helps the trick look realistic.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, way to fool them Heather. I'm not too into those worm sandwiches though. I love the ghosts behind the platter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the coolest mom.

    By the way, I hope you have a great birthday next week. Go do something fun!

    ReplyDelete