Usually, going out of town to visit family isn't really...vacation. It's hard. Sleep deprivation, whining children, allergies and uncomfortable beds just aren't fun. And traveling to a time zone three hours different wipes us out.
But this Thanksgiving is different. We've only had to move one time zone over, which is so much easier to adapt to. The kids did remarkably well on the two car drives, one 7 hours and one 8. Liam only cried when he had poo halfway up his back and we couldn't stop (what a trooper!).
We had a lovely stopover at Jeremy's aunt and uncle's house in Mesa. The bed was soo soft and nice -- something which can make a big difference to me with my chronic pain. Jeremy and I only had one argument (over Cheese-Its), and now that we're at our final destination, I am relaxed and enjoying myself.
Ahhhh. This is the vacation I needed.
Good, I'm glad. Those cheese-its -- always causing trouble.
ReplyDelete