2. Sometime during the first week after the baby was born, I was on my couch feeding him in the middle of the night, when I was startled to see a bat on my ceiling! Wait, that's the fire sprinkler. But apparently he brought his friend, because I saw another bat on the kitchen ceiling just 30 minutes later!
3. This happened to Jeremy when child #1 was a baby. He was up to feed him in the middle of the night. He had a bottle in one hand and a screaming baby in the other, but just could not figure out what he was supposed to do next. He cannot even remember how he finally got that bottle into the baby's mouth, though he thinks it may have been my Mother grabbing his hands and showing him what to do. Wow.
Reply and tell us your story!
Too funny! No stories from us, but have you looked that the Empey's blog?
ReplyDeleteA couple years ago I was reading the book "The Secret Life of Bees." I was still waking up at night to nurse Naomi, and one night (after I had stayed up late reading that bee book) when I got up to nurse Naomi I couldn't remember if milk was flowing from me or honey. It took me a long time to figure out I was giving my baby milk after all.
ReplyDeleteDon't have many "too tired to think" stories, but one time I was dreaming and found something soft and squooshy with my fingers. I was absolutely certian it would be fun to stick my finger into it.
ReplyDeleteIt turned out to be Dale's Eye. I woke up real fast when he started freaking out. Pansy.